xiao lai

14.11.06

Resignation

two weeks ago i took a half day leave to attend an interview at pasir gudang. the position was accounts executive. this job was highly recommended by my university friend who works there as the group finance manager. to be fair, i was interviewed by the finance manager. the interview went on smoothly. 2 days later, i got a call from them. they wanted to hire me.

it was an easy choice for most people. just pack your bags & tender your resignation. it wasn't so for me. first of all, i am leaving a company that i have been working for more than 3 1/2 years. i have met some good friends in this company. i feel sad leaving them. then i have got a really nice manager who has been good to me all this while. if not for him, i won't be working in this company at the first place. just feel like i have disappointed him. the worst is that i have to forgo my bonus.

i also thought about the good points for joining the new company. i will have a slightly better pay. i will be given more job responsibilities & exposure to other aspects of accounting which is good for my career advancement. i will be meeting new people in a new environment.

i even consulted my parents & girl friend. they all advised me to join the new company. finally, i have reached a painful decision. i tender my resignation last friday. my manager wanted to persuade me to stay on. but i have made up my mind.

i don't know what is in store for me in the new company but i am willing to take up the challenges. i hope that i have make the right decision. keeping my finger crossed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Go ahead ! take up the road

    By Blogger Unknown, at 14.11.06  

  • good choice man.u wouldn know what is store for you out there...just take the challenge and all the best.

    Would like to do a link exchange

    By Blogger Cylan, at 17.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home